Child Resistant Box Packaging Production
IGB is a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of paper-based packaging for pharmaceutical products. The IGB medical packing are USA Certified 16 CFR § 1700.20 and BS EN ISO 8317 for Europe
The Certified pharmaceutical packaging are perfect to prevent Children's Intoxication
Drug poisoning is one of the most common accidents among children because drugs are often within their reach and because the youngest are attracted by colorful pills that look like candies and by the sweet taste of syrups.
It causes serious injuries every year.
Keeping children away from hazardous substances and using child resistant folding boxes for medicines are key to prevent accidents.
BS EN ISO 8317 for Europe and 16 CFR 1700.20 for the US certify the effectiveness of child resistant packaging.
The Child Proof Packaging by IGB: An Easy and Effective Solution for all Pharmaceutical Products
Further to the studies carried out by its Research & Development team, Igb has developed and mass-produced an innovative Child Resistant folding box that looks like a regular folding box and has a locking system. The box comes with a key: without the key, it cannot be opened. If the key is lost, the child-resistant folding box can be easily opened by adults with everyday objects like a pen cap. Children under five are not able to do that.
Certified Packaging: Resistant to Children Easy for Elders
The unique feature of Igb child resistant folding box is its key. Without the key, neither an adult nor a child are able to access the content without destroying the packaging. However, children won’t be able to do that as Igb child resistant folding box it’s made of a tear-resistant cardboard that children cannot rip open.
Once the key is put back, the box can be relocked just by closing it like standard box.
The innovative opening and closing system, makes the Igb child resistant folding box easy to open for elder people.
Igb Child Resistant Folding Box:
- Comes with a key
- Is made of a tear-resistant cardboard that children cannot rip open
- Relocks automatically when closed
- can easily be opened by adults and elders
Igb child resistant cartons are available in different sizes and with blisters. Igb can develop custom made boxes to address specific needs.
Igb Child Resistant Folding Box brings many advantages to the production process:
- Has been designed to be mass packaged on standard pharmaceutical packaging lines
- Does not require investments in machinery
- Does not require changes or updates to the packaging process
- Does not require special components, like plastic shells or trays
- Does not slow down the packaging process
- Is also suitable for manual packaging
Igb Child Resistant folding box passed strict tests requiring 3 levels of performance requirements:
Children aged 42 to 51 months:
- At least 85% must not be able to open it
- At least 80% mustnot be able to open it after a demonstration
Adults aged 50 to 70 years:
- At least 90% must be able to open it.
Igb Child Resistant folding box is certified as child resistant packaging in:
- Europe: BS EN ISO 8317
- The US: 16 CFR § 1700.20
Igb Child Resistant folding box:
- Helps prevent drug poisoning in children
- Can be FSC and PEFC certified